2.12.2011

Discovery Channel on Norwegian EPIC - UPDATE

I asked an NCL VP about this last week, and he said if he told me, he'd have to kill me.  My latest info is that they are doing a show about "MEGA-SHIPS", scheduled to air in July or August.  So, I am guessing they are, or have been, aboard the Royal Caribbean Oasis OTS and/or Allure OTS, and the Cunard Queen Mary 2...can't think what else, right now.

The funny part of this is I remember my very first cruise on the Carnival Tropicale.  It was billed as a MEGA-LINER, in those days.  It was all of 46,000 tons.  At the time the largest ship in service was Norwegian Cruise Lines SS NORWAY (which I sailed on in 1987), which I believe tipped the scales at 70,000tons.  Nowadays you have to get to 150,000 to be considered a contender. lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. Your post is awaiting moderation.