2.18.2011

Just made a reservation for the Norwegian Star on Feb 26th. The last minute deal, combined with the Dash Event OBC's were just too good to resist. Plus I really wanted to check out the new suites added to the Star when she was refurbished last year. Since she is leaving the West Coast soon, I just kind of had to jump on it.
I am taking my brother, who is in a wheelchair, and my 78 year old mom (for those of you who don't know, I specialize in Accessible Travel). I know that NCL has had some issues about accessibility, but my personal experience doesn't bear it out. In fact, one of my strongest memories of the Pride of Hawaii is when my brother's wheelchair had a tire blowout in Maui. The Engineering Dept lent me tools, and helped me take off the tire, while the front desk people located and got directions to a medical supply store so I could get a replacement. All in all, the service was way above and beyond.
I have also received excellent service on the Star in the past. On the other hand, the service and attention I received on my recent EPIC cruise has raised the bar, so, I guess we'll see if those Suite perks are really all they are cracked up to be.
I will, of course, be doing a daily "Live From the Norwegian Star" post at http://daveholmanstravelblog.blogspot.com and at http://www.facebook.com/HolmanTravel
 
If you are interested in trying out NCL's Suite Life, give us a call at Dave Holman Travel Services, 760.265.3687

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. Your post is awaiting moderation.