2.11.2011

The Splendorous Ocassion 2/19/11

Got my confirmation today.  Sadly, for some reason, they don't want to let me take a guest.  So, I zipped a message to John Heald, Carnival's Cruise Director Extraordinnaire.  He is forwarding it to The Beards, to see if he can fix it.  Since, you know, me and John go way back to that 42 seconds we spoke on the West Coast Inaugural of the Carnival Splendor.  It's good to have friends.

Oh, well, however it turns out, it should be a fun night.  The Splendor is one of my favorite ships, and for a while there, nearly a second home.  When they brought her to the West Coast, towards the end of March 09, I was on the 2-day Inaugural, as I said, earlier.  And then, towards the end of May the whole Swine Flu in Mexico panic happened, and they changed to a Canada run, and prices dropped thru the floor, so I took my brother up to Canada.  A couple weeks later, in early June of that year, I was scheduled to take my neice and nephews on a 4 day to Mexico, and they let me opt out of that, because of the Swine Flu - and it turns out it only cost me another $100 to turn a 4 day into a 7 day on the Splendor...so off I went again.  Canada twice in one summer! 

And the Carnival Splendor 3 times in 10 weeks.

I also had clients on her last cruise, the one with the engine room fire.  I must say, Carnival handled that very well, and my clients were satisfied with the response from Carnival.  And, now, after several months in the yard, she is coming back into service.  YAY! 

So, I can't wait to get on, and check her out, and see if everything is still as pink and delicious as she was before!

Stay tuned, and I will let you know. 

And, if you are ready to book your Carnival Splendor cruise, or any other cruise, give a call at 760.265.3687.  We here at Dave Holman Travel Services are standing by.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. Your post is awaiting moderation.