2.04.2011

A Splendor Affair, FEB 19th

Just got an invitation to join the good folks from Carnival on the Carnival Splendor, Feb 19th for a big bash to celebrate her return to service.

As most of you know, the Splendor had an engine fire late last year, and was dead in the water for several days, before being towed in to port in San Diego.

But, now, the repairs have been made, and she is good to go, and will be returning to her regular Mexican Riviera schedule on Sunday, Feb 20th.  But with an extra day to kill after she gets to her home port in Long Beach, Carnival decided to have a kind of "grand re-opening".

She won't be leaving the dock for our little party, but, hey, any day on a cruise ship is better than a day on land, I say.

As some of you may recall, I was on the 2day West Coast Inaugural of the Carnival Splendor, and shortly thereafter, when the whole Swine Flu thing hit, I sailed her up to Canada twice in 5 weeks.  She is my favorite West Coast based ship,and the one I book clients on most.

So, I am happy she is returning to service, and I'll report back here, to let you know how it goes!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. Your post is awaiting moderation.