2.25.2011

Norwegian STAR. Manana.

Well, they've cancelled Mazatlan.  Not a big surprise.  Other lines have pulled out of Mazatlan lately, too.  I was looking forward to it, because there's a nice trolley excursion that is wheelchair accessible.  But instead of a different port (Manzanillo, for instance), NCL has decided to spend two days in Cabo San Lucas.  Were it just me, I would be more than happy to spend an extra day in Cabo.  It is my favorite port on the Mex Riviera.  BUT, it's a tender port.  And NCL, like most but not all cruise lines, won't take wheelchairs on tenders. So, we're kinda stuck on the ship an extra day.  I have always maintained, though, that if you have to be "stuck" somewhere, a cruise ship is the first choice.

So, maybe the extra day on board I'll get Steve a nice massage in the room or something.  Whatever.  It will all work out.  It always does.

On the major plus side, since I posted about the disappointing cancellation, I have received messages from "the powers that be" at NCL.  I am impressed with how seriously they take customer service, from the CEO all the way down the line.  And their commitment to their travel partners is unmatched in the industry.

Anyway. it's almost time to go.  I am almost packed, and the most awesome thing is we are waiting for snow.  Should be here tonite. 

NOTHING is more gratifying than starting a tropical vacation by driving thru snow. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. Your post is awaiting moderation.