11.05.2007

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel and Resort

I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. If you are going to Orange County on vacation, this would be a good place to stay. Located on the park property at Knott's, and just a short drive to Disneyland, it is a good location for exploring Southern California.

While the rooms were kind of small, the property boasts a great pool area, with some fun stuff for the kids, tennis courts, an on-site pro shop to make golf arrangements and a good restaurant. Also on the Knott's property is a T.G.I.Fridays and, of course Mrs. Knotts Chicken restaurant, which has been there since 1934 or something, and is still kicking out that great fried chicken. While I did not stay in the Snoopy Rooms (being the youngest in our party at 46), I did see the corridor, separated from the other wing, and done up in Snoopy themed decor totally different from the rest of the hotel. If I had kids with me I would pay the extra.

The most impressive thing about the hotel, though, was the level of service. It can only be compared to a cruise ship. I have stayed at hotels from W to Bellagio to the Waldorf in the last few years, and honestly, this was the best. The front desk was manned by people who apparently like their job. When I went out to get ice, a housekeeper grabbed the bucket and got it for me, and brought it to the room. I don't think I opened a door for myself the whole two days I was there. The guy in the Parking Booth saluted crisply. And every time I walked thru the hotel I saw people polishing brass and cleaning glass.

I have stayed at the Disney Resort, and while the properties there are larger and glitzier, they are not any cleaner, and the service, while good, was not at this level.

I heartily recommend your next O.C. vacation be headquartered at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel and Resort in Buena Park, CA.

And on a personal note, I would like to thank every staff member there for a job well done.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. Your post is awaiting moderation.