11.27.2014

Norwegian Getaway, 11/29/2014 PREVIEW

So, tomorrow night my brother and I will be driving to Las Vegas before flying to Fort Lauderdale and then down to Miami to board the Norwegian Getaway.

For those of you who don't know, my brother is hemiplegic due to a TBI at the hands (well, actually, he used a truck) of a drunk driver 35 years ago.  We have a wheel chair accessible aft balcony this time.  YAY.  Steve and I have been cruising, with or without our mother, since 1980 when we sailed on the Carnival Tropicale during her maiden season as Carnival's first newbuild.  So, yeah...been there/done that.  And watched the evolution of accessible cruising from then to now.  It's a piece of cake these days, and still my first vacation recommendation to wheelchair users.

First off, I have to tell you, we had some help with this one.  And I would like to thank the following people, who have contributed to Send My Brother On A Cruise:

ANONYMOUS
Mary Hammer
Linda Farnsworth
Sue & Don Jeffrey
Jeani Vidal
Nancy Gilliard
Anna Peabody
Mark & Judy Busam
ANONYMOUS
Dillon Guyer
ANONYMOUS
Tamara Matulonis
Suzanne Sudduth
Amy Windham
Thomas Lanzarotta
Sherry Doss
Dennis Goodwin
ANONYMOUS
Lisa Shindler
Laurie Shelton
ANONYMOUS
Lorianne Nastasi
Mary Pat Sullivan
Steve & Sue Murtishaw
Kimberly Durhan
Sheila Paxton
Amanda Zito
ANONYMOUS

I am humbled by the response!

We will be traveling with a couple dozen fellow travel agents on what is called the PhD@Sea Reunion Cruise.  I helped organize the first one on the Norwegian Pearl a couple years ago.  This will be the 4th one.  Sadly, I was unable to manage the 2nd and 3rd iteration.

Also, I have volunteered to reprise my presentation from CruiseWorld 2014 for the attendees.  So, that should be fun.  Other than that, there will be a couple of group events, but for the most part, it will be just me and Steve, cruising.

As usual, I will be posting a daily "Live From The Norwegian Getaway" every morning we are away.  Between now and that first post, I will be driving to Vegas, flying to FLL, shuttling to CruisePort Miami, and (oh, a couple more THANK YOU's to Klaus Lugmaier and Sean Wurmhoeringer) then hanging out with the fancy pants people to get VIP boarding. Again, YAY!
And then, bright and early Sunday Morning, I will be live blogging the whole thing.

I invite you all to join in and live vicariously  thru us.  The easiest way to do that is to "subscribe" to this blog, by clicking the little button over there.  No, that side ------>  I promise, only one a day, and I don't fill your email inbox with crap between cruises.

Or you can friend or follow me on facebook at www.facebook.com/daveholmantravel, to see all the pics and video as I post it.  Your call.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. Your post is awaiting moderation.